How to keep life from becoming a parody of itself –
https://www.themarginalian.org/2022/07/31/simone-de-beauvoir-coming-of-age/
Successor site to the Philosophy of Happiness blog (http://philoshap.blogspot.com/) that supported PHIL 3160 at MTSU, 2011-2019. The course returns Fall 2025.
PHIL 3160 – Philosophy of Happiness
What is it, how can we best pursue it, why should we? Supporting the study of these and related questions at Middle Tennessee State University and beyond. "Examining the concept of human happiness and its application in everyday living as discussed since antiquity by philosophers, psychologists, writers, spiritual leaders, and contributors to pop culture."
Up@dawn 2.0
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Good List: 6 Things to Add Delight to Your Day
Always look for d’light… https://www.nytimes.com/2026/09/16/briefing/16-the-good-list-september-migration.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share
-
Let's introduce ourselves, fellow Happiness scholars/pursuers. I'm Dr. Oliver, I've been teaching this course in alternate years...
-
UPDATE, Oct. 2 . The schedule is set. For those who've not declared a topic preference, there's still time. Look in the first four c...
-
We're just a little over a week few days out from the Fall '23 semester Opening Day! Let's introduce ourselves. My brief bio is...
de Beauvoir is one of my favorites. Shes absolutely right here too. We must continue to grow in order to not become a "parody" of our former self. Schopenhauer talks about how depressing it is to meet a childhood acquaintance in old age. I think this only applies for people who have a lifetime of regrets. I hope to still be lively when I get older.
ReplyDelete